Oakland Family Dental Practice is a certified and trusted provider of Invisalign custom braces.
We have embraced the advances in orthodontic technology with many of our patients benefitting from the modern alternative to traditional braces
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a system which uses a series of clear, removable teeth aligners to straighten your teeth to achieve that perfect smile They are virtually invisible braces that are used as use as an alternative to traditional metal braces
How does Invisalign work?
A 3-D computer-imaging technology is used to make a series of bespoke custom-made clear aligners. The individual aligners move your teeth little by little. Each aligner is worn between one to two weeks. By the time you are wearing your final aligner, your teeth will be in the desired final position.
How long does it take?
This will be determined by one of our Invisalign providers but ultimately depends on the amount of tooth crowding or misalignment. Each case is custom designed for the needs of each specific patient. Some cases can be finished within 3 months but on average most cases take 12 months
What different options do we provide?
- Invisalign Full – This is a comprehensive treatment which aims to straighten and correct the entire the bite using a series of virtually invisible removable aligners
- Invisalign Lite – Ideal for less complicated causes such as minor crowding, uses fewer removable aligners
- Invisalign Teen – Ideal for our younger patients
- Invisalign i7 – Ideal for minor cases which will be completed within 3 months
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
- The aligners are completely transparent, and so are nearly invisible making them extremely popular with adults who wish to discretely undergo orthodontic treatment.
- Our patients who are undergoing treatment believe the aligners are more comfortable than traditional braces. This is mainly due to the aligners being removable and so eating is much easier when compared to traditional braces.
- Clinically, the aligners have less of a traumatic effect on the gums and supporting tissues. Some Invisalign treatments have been claimed to be quicker than traditional orthodontics
- The aligners are affordable and payments are spread out over the course of treatment.
Will Invisalign work for me?
- If you have all of your adult teeth, most patients can be treated with Invisalign, even if the teeth have crowns and bridges. Invisalign can be used to successfully treat many issues such as:
- Crooked teeth
- Spaces between the teeth
- Certain overbites
- Certain crossbites
Is Invisalign suitable for adults?
This treatment can be used to treat anyone who has a full set of adult teeth, especially the adult molars
How long do I have to wear each aligner for?
You have to be prepared to wear the aligners at all times, other than when you are eating, drinking, brushing or flossing your teeth. This will amount to 22-23 hours per day to achieve the best results.
Will the treatment cause any discomfort?
It is normal to feel a temporary discomfort when you wear the aligners for the first few days. The aligners are smooth and so are not harmful to the inside of your mouth, but you will feel a little pressure on your teeth and this is a good sign the aligners are moving the teeth.
Are there any immediate side effects to wearing the aligners?
As with any conventional treatments, you will feel a slight discomfort at first. The aligners may also temporarily affect the speech of some people, and you may also have a slight lisp for the first few days.
How old (or new) is this technology?
This treatment was started in 1997. Since then, over 8,000,000 patients have been successfully treated with Invisalign.
How do I get started?
Just book a FREE consultation with our team and your Invisalign journey will begin. We will discuss which bits of your smile you want to change and importantly which bits you don’t. From there we will create a custom made treatment plan which is specific to you and your smile. Using 3D technology and the latest digital imaging suite we will show you a personalised view of how your new smile could look with the chosen treatment plan. Once you are happy with the smile design we will get the first series of aligners made.